Sunday, June 05, 2011

Apex Supermoto Fun!



I was putting together a supermoto ride for a weekend when someone said I should come to Apex on the 5th for some fun. I thought it was nice that a person on a forum thought of me and thought I should go. I checked out the event info and it was a supermoto summer kick off to summer. I asked if Darrick wanted to join in the fun. He was kind enough to drive all the way from Sonoma to bring a SXV450 that he built special for me. It's killer. I love it. This track on the other hand was tight and hard for me to ride on the 450. I need more time on it to get my grove on. I also had the 150 that was ripping out there.
I know Darrick is a fast rider, but every time I see him ride I still am in shock. He is so fast and powerful. It's a graceful control over power. You can see the power of the bike like the thundering muscles of a race horse. Each corner is mastered with a smooth slide of the rear tire like a painters brush along a canvas. He passes people was a calculated aggression. It's really fun to watch.
There was a "fun race" after lunch. There is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Racing is all business. I don't care what you say. No one wants to get beat. No man wants a woman rider to beat them. Oh come on. You know it's true. I was entered in the mini group. Problem was they let mini sportbikes in the class. I can't see that as a good match, but oh well. I was gridded in the last row number 3. I got a good start (yeah, Mike, thanks I know I finally got a good start.) I guess I was second going in to the first turn, that's what Mike and Darrick said. I can't recall. I know I was in forth for most of the race until a racer bobbled in a turn and I was then in third. I then missed a shift and then tried to recover, but it went into neutral. I finished in 4th. I was not happy since I was in third. I heard people were talking about my race and that it was fun to watch me and that guy battle it out.
I am happy to say that I got a big smile and a thumbs up from Darrick, and a big smile from Mike. Thanks for my support crew. I could not race without a pit full of support. Love you guys.


























xoxoxoxoxoxo

:-)

No comments: