Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Road to Recovery

Sometimes life gives you a road that is less traveled. Because of this, it tends to be a bumpy one, but there is a much better sense of accomplishment when the trip is over.
Severina is in the fight for her life. She is about to have open heart surgery to repair the holes in her heart that have left holes in ours. We love her more than anything. She is our gift from God. From experience, the harder it was for me to be successful at something, and the harder I worked at it, the more proud I was and looked back on it with more enjoyment. Severina has a rough road ahead, but I think her life will be one that when she is old and gray, she will look back on it with a smile and a sense of pride. She made it through something most in this world have no idea about. I saw a quote on Facebook from the person who's son is next to Severina in the hospital.

" Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."

That's my little girl. I knew she would be a strong one after I felt her first kick. She is a fighter. She has love all around her. There is a group of parents that share stories of their child with heart problems. They call their children their "heart warrior" It's so true. They fight to breath. They struggle to eat. The heart pumps so hard it makes them sweat. They are more physical just sleeping than people running.
Severina, you amaze me. I love you more than I can ever express. You are a gift.

 Best day of my life.

 Our new family.
 You look so cute in pink. Guess I have to like pink now.
 Happy place is daddy's shoulder. 
 Oh, G'Ma's is nice also. 
 A happy Dream.
 The two people I love most in the world.
 I love my puppies.
 Mommy loves you.
 Pretty big eyes. 
 New in the hospital. Oh how our hearts were breaking. I stayed with her all that first night. Right by her side. 
 Daddy only feels good when she is asleep in his arms.
 Oh how I love you. Mommy make better. 
 Working all day, and with Severina most of the night. He is a devoted father.
 I had to make a quilt for her. She needs lots of love.

 My sweetie at rest. Ti Amo.
 I know you don't like it here. :-(
 What a great daddy. 
 The girls.
 Wish I could kiss and make it better. 
Severina hill. A heart on the hillside in Sonoma. Perfect. A great sign that all will be well.

One week from today she should have her open heart surgery. I want her to feel better and be fixed. I just hate knowing she will be in any pain. I wish it was me. Don't worry baby girl, you will get better soon. Mommy and daddy love you so very much.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments: