Tuesday, September 26, 2006

All Girl Ride

Each year I host an all women sport bike ride to remember my fallen friend Kelley Maylor. The ride is for charity and this year was breast cancer. With the help of my riding buddy's of Turn2sportbikes that help me with the ride, this year was huge. The show Super Bikes heard about my ride and wanted to join in. What an unexpected surprise. I was asked to do an interview that I said yes of course, but left me with a sleepless night. I was so stressed about that. I ended up doing a pre and post interview about the ride. The show aired and it was pretty good. Now it seems that I get recognized here and there in the bike community. Miles and I went to a vintage bike show and swap meet. Some guy walks up to me and said," I saw you on TV. Super Bikes." I smiled and said, "Oh, yes." It was weird. The producer of the show said that they have about 10 million viewers.
The ride went well and I had a great time. Miles is in charge of the sweeper truck incase someone has a problem. He is also the prize man. He is the one that holds up the prizes and gets the women scream for him to call out their numbers. It's pretty cute watching him do his thing.
Here is the link to the pictures.

No comments: