Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Two Became One

On July 29th, 2006 Miles and I tied the knot. It was the happiest day of our lives. We were married at the Glendora Country Club. The wedding was a small family wedding that was simple but elegant. The colors were sunset colors and the theme was butterflies. It was the making of a wonderful day.
The night before the wedding Miles and I stayed the night apart from each other. I then had to hide out that morning as the guest arrived and as Miles was setting things up. He dashed off to get ready and it was nearly time to start.
My father and I held arms as he walked me up a winding staircase to the ceremony. I did not even make it in the room when I saw Miles standing at the end of the isle. Miles looked incredibly handsome is his tux. He started to cry. That made me start to tear up. He looked wonderful. When my eyes met his, I knew that he was the person I had been waiting for all my life. I could not help but smile the whole time. Miles and I just kept looking at each other during the ceremony. We shared whispers of," I love you." "You look beautiful." "You look handsome." And I few more," I love you.". The ceremony went great and it was time for pictures and then the reception. The rest of the day flew by. Good food, good conversations, and lots of hugs and kisses with my new husband. It was wonderful.

The very handsome Mr. Hanshaw
The Brand new Mrs. Hanshaw!
My Parents Alan and Penny. My Brother Eric.
The Hanshaw family. Left to right, Loren, Lucinda, Brianne,
Ken, Me, Miles, Rita, Michael, Quintin, Grandma LaVon.
Off to the Honeymoon!

The following day Miles and I headed to Maui. I had never been to the islands before. I was amazing. The hotel was top notch. Waterfalls, flamingos, koi fish, and flowers awaited us as we checked into the hotel. I fell in love with the feel of the island. We had some excursions planned for the trip. One was to take a boat trip on Trilogy to snorkel and tour Lanai.
Miles knew I wanted to see sea turtles so we planned another snorkel trip to Molokini to see more fish and then to Turtle Rock to see the sea turtles. I saw 4 turtles. It was wonderful! I was smiling from ear to ear.
Lastly we did the bike ride. We got up at 1:45AM to drive out to be at the bike shop at 3AM. Then an hour drive up to the top of Haleakala to watch the sun ride. We then had to ride down the volcano to the bike shop. We stopped at a restaurant to enjoy the view of up country Maui as we ate breakfast. We made it back to the bike shop at 9AM. Not to bad. That left us with time to drive around Maui. We stopped at a winery to enjoy a few of their wines and to look around. We also did part of the road to Hana. We covered the island in our little jeep. It was wonderful. We saw so many beautiful things.
To sum it up, we laughed and smiled. We slept in and got up at the crack of dawn. We went all over the island, and did not leave the hotel. It was a very romantic, relaxing, and the best vacation I have ever had. Best of all, it was with my wonderful new husband that I love more than anything. I cant wait to go back.

No comments: