Monday, December 24, 2007

White Christmas

It was the first trip of the season. Mammoth received its first big snow of the year. Miles had the snowboard bug so off we went. There were really no lines for the lifts all day. This made for quick trips up the ski lifts. Run after run we were zooming up and down. By lunchtime we were already worn out. We got in a lot of runs for the first day of the season. Miles likes to just dive bomb down the slops as I zigzag down. We did not want our muscles to be too sore for the next day so we finished just after lunch. We then had a nice nap, went to the movies, and had a yummy dinner.
The next day Miles woke up to aching muscles. We decided to just come home. Of course we had to stop at Eric Schat’s Bakery. The best bread on earth is made there. It’s worth it to just top in a smell the bread. They also make the best fresh baked turkey sandwich. I’m getting hungry just thinking of it. I had a good time and we boarded well for the first time of the year.

There was a petting zoo in front of the movie theater. I love critters. I had a great time petting all the different animals that were there.
No horsing around pelase.
What are you looking at?
One cooooooooold chicken.
Ducks on the go!


The town of Mammoth.
What could be prettier than a tree full of lights in a snow-covered town just before Christmas?
Hurry Lisa, I am freezing!
(It was only -4 degrees on our drive up.)
That's my husband, hahahaha.


Snow for Christmas.

One of Mammoth's hot springs.

The best bread on earth!
Can't just just smell the bread?!!!!
Heaven on earth.
Mad Miles takes the lead in the Mini Moto Mile
Oops, I blinked.
I think there are 100/1 odds on this race horse.

I look forward to more Mammoth trips this season.



No comments: