Monday, January 21, 2008

Quilt Show 2008


Once a year there is a quilt show that bring people from all over the USA to So Cal. I called my show buddy, AKA mom, and off we went. The first time I went to this show I had no idea what it was about and what to expect. The volume of people that go to this event each year over whelmed me. They come by busloads. The first time I went to the show I was shocked at the quilts that were entered in the show. When I think quilt, I see something that would make a good bedspread or a blanket. I never thought of it as an art form. The quilts looked more like a painting than a quilt. I could not believe that it was made of material. After that first eye opener, I had to bring my mom with me to see what this is all about. She is not a quilter, but I knew she would be as shocked as I was at how amazing a quilt can be. This year was my third and her second time to the show. I think that the quilts this year were the best yet. There are also a large number of venders that sell just about everything you need, from a needle to a $10,000.00 quilting machine. I had a good time shopping and getting new ideas. Too bad I don’t have the skill level to make most of what I saw, but I am getting there, one stitch at a time.
Oh and there is money in quilt shows. The top winner recieved $100,000.00.


This is a traditional quilt

Miles liked the colors of this red, green, yellow, and blue quilt.


Circles are hard to make when quilting.



I can't imagen how long it took to cut and sew all those little pieces.




This quilt is 3D.
I love this quilt! The bird looks so real.













This was one of my favorites.























Can you believe that this is a quilt made of fabric?????
I think mom liked this one the most.
This bear quilt is one of the top winners of the show. I did not know you could not take pictures of the top quilts and was able to get this one.




I look forward to next year already.








No comments: