Tuesday, July 24, 2007

MotoGP Laguna Seca

Laguna Seca holds the only US MotoGP race. These races are the top riders of the world. There are different race organizations through out the world, but these riders are the best of the best. People have traveled from all over the world to come to this race.
The weather was perfect and Monterey was beautiful as always. We did a little sight seeing and enjoyed the area. We also went on a ride that was the interesting. The roads got so small and tight there was no room for a line down the center. After that, I think we could handle any road that comes our way. I look forward to next year. Good food, lots of things to do, fun with friends, and great racing.

Miles is being funny on the way up to Monterey. I don't think you are really sleeping.

Oh look, our friend Frank is sleeping and driving also. Hummm, must be a guy thing.
Our hotel The Monterey Bay Lodge.

Dinner at the Rio Grill. Look it's Betty White!

Our first night in Monterey, dinner with friends. Miles and Albert.

The Bikes.Frank cleaning his bike for the weekend.Why did the chicken cross the road?.... Oh wait, those are not chickens!


Looking good Miles.

Lunch at Pebble Beach.










The Gang
Mako, Frank, Miles, Lisa, Albert, James.

Frank trying his hand at golf.It's Mako's turn as Miles watches and waits for his turn. I'm next.
Mako
James gives it a try.
17 mile drive



Aprilia SuperMoto.
Miles and I were able to go to an Aprilia owers only party. I own an Aprilia RS50. Mako and James went as well. We all had free dinner and drinks. I also got to see Darrick Lucchesi. An AMA supermoto champ. I met him at Femmoto last year, but the best part was when I went up to him to say hello. Before I could even say that I met him at femmoto in oct, he said,"I remember you. You were getting it sideways at Femmoto." WOW I was blown away. What an amazing complement. He then introduced me to the man he was talking to and told him how I did a great job and was a good rider. That put me on cloud nine.
Derrick Lucchesi
(Maybe we are related. Lucchesi is a family name of mine.)
The new Shiver.
Mako and Miles looking great on Cannery Row.
One of the cool bikes to be seen at the bike night on the Row.

At the races.
Practice for MotoGP.


How Cute.
That's my baby.
Could this bike be any bigger?
In the pit area.




Ready to watch the race!
Now that's a face only a wife could love.
Turn 4

Racer John Hopkins (Hopper)

MotoGP riders
The start of MotoGPBuongiorno! Valentino Rossi
Said to be the best racer in history.

There he is again.
"I can't believe it's not butter"


Colin Edwards
On of American's favorite racers.

No comments: