Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Work at Work

I know all of you have at one time had that person in your life that you wonder why you can’t get away from them. This is the case with a co-worker of mine.

I like to call her “Stupid E.” ( that’s the initial of her last name.)

Lets start at the beginning. Oh about 7 years ago she comes rolling into my department as an instructional aid. She seemed ok at the time, but slowly her colors started to show. Little by little we noticed things. She lies just about everything. Tells some crazy story about what happened to her or how well her daughters are doing in sports or school. Funny thing is, we know her daughters and know the real story. You have to wonder,” are you that stupid to think someone would believe this crazy lie, or do you think I am that stupid to believe it?” You only listen to half of what she is saying.

Then she was pulling the old he told me, they told me trick. She would say the teacher told her to do something then tell the teacher the office told her to do it. She would use teachers names and make them look bad. I worked in Disneyland for 2 years. I am the queen of “stiffing”. That’s what people at the park called it when people were not doing their job and sneaking off. I don’t mind people doing that as long as their job is done. Don’t stiff and leave me to take care of your responsibility. I can spot someone stiffing a mile away. She walked people to the office to get out of work and so one. Pick jobs with teachers where it’s inside and cool on a hot day and leave the other aids in the sun. It got to the point where we had to have the aids sign a paper stating the rules so that we can catcher breaking them. She was a pain in the neck for everyone there. We all have a hard time with her. She talks about people behind their backs. She does not follow directions. She yells at the kids and makes up rules. Why is she still there you ask? I don’t know. Her and I have gotten into it more than one time. It’s gotten to the point where they teachers say that they would rather work along than with her. Again, you ask why is she there. Lucky me, I have been keep track of her “doings” since 2007. Problem is our principals keep changing. Each one says we have been doing it wrong and need to do something else. So each year I write things and keep notes. Report it to the office and nothing gets done. Year after year. Last year I was told ( I’m not her boss) that I had to correct her behaviors myself and take notes on the meeting. I’m sorry, I have enough kids to worry about, I don’t need a big kid that gets mad and storms off. She is nutty. She was mad that we did not give her a hamburger at lunch when we gave the student of the month their BBQ reward. The BBQ was not working well and there were non cooked. She stormed off and was yelling at everyone and just a super grump. Over a Hamburger??? Really?

On top of this I have had to put up with the stench of smoke since she is a smoker. It’s really bad on her. I have also enjoyed watching pieces of her teeth fall out month after month, year after year. She has summer teeth. Some are here and some are there. Poor thing. She talked about it to me and I gave her the number to my dentist. Yes, she has insurance. No, I don’t know why she would let her teeth fall out like dominos. She is nothing but a problem.

I gave her the rules sheet to sign and she took it to the union. She is upset she does not have a radio to talk on so she went to the district. She went to the union because she did not get to sub co-workers hours. ( Hello, Stupid E. You can’t sub the hours if you work 2 of the 4 that need to be covered. Ding ding ding) That’s just in the first 2 weeks of school this year.

So after the system has let us down for all theses years, we as teachers have stepped up and are going to our union. 5 teachers will refuse to work with her due to a hostile work place and undermining authority. Lets see if that gets the job done.

I almost hate to think of her gone. Life at work will be so smooth that I wont have any stories to share. I will keep you posted on the status of “ Stupid E.” and see where it takes us.




xoxoxoxoxoxo To my family.




.

No comments: