Sunday, March 06, 2011

Lake R and R

Off to the Lake we go.

I have been fighting a cold for a week now. Well fighting may not be the correct word. I have been taken down by a cold, but I put up a good fight. I had asked to use the cabin already for this weekend and did not want a cold to stop me from some R and R from work, and coaching. Also a little quit time. I can’t tell you how much I love the cabin. It calms me in a way that nothing can. I have always loved the lake. I never mind the drive, it seems to go by fast. Before I know it, I am at the lake and opening the door to my favorite place of all. My parents have decorated the cabin perfectly. It’s so cozy, yet spacious. It’s such a happy place. My dad has done so much work to the cabin making it just wonderful. I see people walking by it all the time talking about it. Yesterday a car stopped in front of the cabin and took picture after picture of the cute little bears that my dad hug from a tree. Everyone loves them.

It was nice to nap on the couch. I loved that. I watched TV and a few movies. Darrick came up packing my little race bike that he built for me. How kind. He loaded it in my car so I could race next weekend. Thank you for all the hard work and the special delivery. Since it was cold and I had a cold, he was eager to help sweep, hose, and scrub the deck clean. Then he cleaned the walkway. While doing that, a pit bull from a construction crew came onto the deck. My dogs were attacked by two pit bulls and Darrick was bit by one before. Needless to say that dog was not welcome there. I talked to the workers and they did not bring the dog the next day.

We did not do much. Just sat around. I loved the quiet time, and the wonderful view. Now if they would put water back in lake we would be good. They are doing some work on the lake and the water is very low. It was neat to see what the bottom of the lake looks like. I saw shells, stumps, and sunglasses. Now I know.


" Now make a left at the next light...."
"I'm tired now."





First time I saw snow at the cabin.




Saw this in a part of the lake that has not seen the sun in I dont know how long. Any thoughts on what it is?

Thank you for helping.
Love is in the air.

Thanks Dad for letting me use the cabin. It was much needed.
:-)
xoxoxoxoxo


No comments: