Monday, November 08, 2010

Die and Dry

Most of you know that I enjoy Egypt. I have always wanted to go there. I enjoy reading about and watching shows on the whole culture of the time. I am amazed that people could be so advanced. Building amazing pyramids. They could build tombs that are deep into a valley and stay within one inch of being straight. All this done by hand using oil lamps in dark places, and simple tools.

When the exhibit Mummies of the World came to town I wanted to see it. I found out that it is leaving soon so I knew I had to see it.

It was at the California Science Center. I had never heard of the place. I was not allowed to take pictures of the mummies or the daddies, but I did get of other areas that I will share with you.

I saw pretty amazing things. Natural mummies and mad made mummies. They were from all over. Some were in dry or cool places, some were in bogs, and some were simply a dried up like the rat in an attic in Germany. It was amazing to see teeth, nails, and hair. The hair got me. I had to study real skeletons when I was getting my degree so I was kind of used to finger bones and teeth. When you see the hair, it’s amazing. The color. Sometimes it’s braided. Long hair or short. The baby mummies were very sad. I felt bad for the families who lots a baby. The oldest one there and one of the oldest in the world was a 10 month old child that is over 6500 years old. Amazing.

They also had an IMAX movie on mummies of pharos. That was not only cool that it was 3D, but I learned something new. It was a great time, and I am very glad I had the chance to go. If it comes to your town, check it out.









xoxoxoxoxox :-)



No comments: