Sunday, October 25, 2009

Meeting some new supermoto people







It’s been nice to make some friends that also have supermoto’s. I have been enjoying riding with them on the weekends. We all seem to be about the same speed as well. It makes for a nice grouping the whole ride. No long waits for the slower riders, and I am not trying to keep up. Seems to be a nice bunch of people. Each ride there seems to be a few new faces. We average 6-9 riders. Pretty cool since there are not too many supermoto riders in SoCal. There were 9 of us total today.
The funny part is everyone seems to have had an issue of some sorts on the rides. I think it was last weekend one guy blew a turn and did a total dirt bike move off the dirt and saved his butt. Then yesterday a guy went into the dirt, but it was not bad. Today one guy crashed on the way up the tight side of GMR. Once at the top a guy went to take my buddy Mike’s bike for a spin and fell over on it in the dirt. Then that same rider went down in a turn. Even my buddy Mike blew a turn when he was distracted looking at people on the side of the road. Everyone has been complaining about the tires breaking loose on the dirt that is all over the roads. I have been ok so far. I am really watching for it and taking it easy when I don’t trust the road. They are still fixing the roads up there so it is mess to ride on. The other roads are still closed, but they hope to have them open in late Nov. I am looking forward to getting back into it. It’s been too long.

Here is the video from today. CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Here is the tight side video from yesterday. Figures that I finally get the tighter side on film when I am riding on the slow side. Today was a good pace on all the sections of road.
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO



Thanks for looking at my Blog, and have a wonderful day.


XOXOXOX


Lisa


:-)

No comments: