Monday, October 11, 2010

My inner child (Disneyland)

DISNEYLAND!!!!!


I made a new friend.




Haunted Mansion

Matterhorn
Buzz Lightyear
Welcome to Disneyland.


I don't know how I made it out of the park without eating one. Shocking, I know.



I think I can....... I knew I could.......

All dressed up.


In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tikiroom, in the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tikiroom....... ( you know your singing along)
999 Happy Haunts

It’s been 8 years since I have been to Disneyland. This seems odd since I worked there for a total of 5 years. Even though I would go to the park every day for work or the hotel, I still loved the park. It is always so clean and nice. The plants and flowers are always a joy to look at. I was happy to be going to the park this weekend and looked forward to the holiday decorations. They have really gotten into the Halloween sprit. It used to be that Christmas was the big time to come to the park. I found that I liked Halloween just as much. I love Christmas there, but the color and the change of rides for Halloween was a pleasant surprise.

The Haunted House (one of my all time favorites) was transformed into the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. I thought they just added a few things, but the whole ride inside was changed. It was very cool, and filled with amazing colors and decorations. Even the hitch hiking ghost part was different. I loved seeing Zero floating down the hallway that normally would have a candelabra. The outside was over the top with decorations.

Space Mountain got into the act with Ghost Galaxy. The ride had all different lights (or lack there of) and projected images of this space monster. It would reach for you as you flew past it in the darkness.

The best part was seeing the things that have not changed. Seeing the things that I know so well brought back all the feelings of my childhood and when I worked there. The best thing was Captain EO. They brought that back. There would be no way I could count how many times I have seen that show. Part of my job at the park caused me to have to wait through the show. Every day. Day after day. I loved the Matterhorn, big thunder, pirates’, and the smells of the park. Churros, popcorn, the smell when you enter pirates. It’s a cool musty smell that is unmistaken ably Disney. The sounds of Fantasyland. The sound of the Colombia riverboat steam whistle as it cuts through the noise of the crowds as it travels along the Rivers of American. The chugging and whistle of the steam train that circle the park. You can hear the rhythmic screams as boat after boat full of frightened passengers take the plunge down the water flume on Splash Mountain.

I had been to California Adventure one time before it was opened. I pretty much don’t remember a thing. There is a lot of construction going on there so it was a little difficult to find your way around, but I seemed to have no problem ending up at the Tower of Terrier. Why on earth would I want to ride something with that name????? I was not to thrilled about that ride since I knew it was a straight drop. The line seemed long and maybe it was just long enough to not wait for. Then came three nice young ladies that gave away a fast pass for that time. ( great, no waiting in line.) Against my better judgment I reluctantly went on the ride. After a few moments of the scary unknown mystery of the ride, it was over. Up, down, up again, down,…….. It was finally over. I did enjoy it and would go on it again. I laugh at myself and how scared I was. I liked that park, but there is nothing like Disneyland. The feel, smells, and sounds are second to none. I want to go back soon. I did not get to go on so many rides. I had a wonderful time. I saw the new park, I walked Downtown Disney. ate churros ( yes that more than one), got Mini Mouse Ears and wore them all day, got splashed, scared, I laughed, petted a goat, and some kid sneezed on me. Disney at it’s best.

List of events covered……

Pirates

Haunted Mansion (two times)

Splash Mountain

Jungle Cruise

Indiana Jones

Big Thunder

Small World

Space Mountain (two times)

Matterhorn

Alice in wonderland

Rockets

Buzz Lightyear

The Casey Jr. Circus Train

Walked through castle

Captain EO

Tower of Terror

Bugs Life

Muppets 3D

Soaring over CA

CA Screaming rollercoaster


I think that's all of them. I had a wonderful time. I am glad I got to see the park this time of they year.


xoxoxoxoxoxooxxo Love to my family.
:-)







No comments: