Monday, April 27, 2009

My Helmets

A girl has to accessorize.
After my little “get off” at Big Willow I needed a new helmet. The good thing was it was a helmet that I did not like that much (fit wise that is). I like Arai helmets. They fit me really well. That helmet was a different brand. I got it because my friend could get a good deal on it and I liked the design. I pretty much express myself with my helmets. I like them bright.
This brings me to Arai’s again. I have a few of them and love them all. Why do I have more than one? Well, one was my first helmet. Some clown dropped it off my bike and put a nice chip in it. People say that if you drop your helmet it’s no good any more. I don’t know if that’s true, but that was a good reason to get another cool helmet that had just came out. If you can believe after that an another cool helmet came out, and then another. It seems I like helmets like most women like shoes. From street helmets to my race helmets, I like them all.

Here are the ones I have, in good condition or bad.

My newer race helmet.
Save my Peanut in this last crash.


It was signed by John Hopkins at one of my races. How cool is that?!!

My first helmet. I still like the way it looks.

My old race helmet.
There are black marks on the top of it from having to lay the bike down in a turn. A rider crashed out infront of me as I was making a pass and just plopped there. He did not slide away. I had to lay it down or t-bone him and fly. I ended up head butting his rear tire. Weird.

Nicky Hayden signed this helemt at Laguna right before he won.

This is Nicky Hayden's rep. helmet.

My UK only helmet. I love the fit of this one.
It was cool having this one before everyone else got it. Now too many people have it now.
And now for my new helmet. I saw this and knew it was for me.
I don’t want the same helmet that everyone has if I can avoid it. This leaves me looking in the UK for some UK only designs. I found one that had my name all over it. It’s a Leon Haslam design. He is a racer that has his own helmet design. It’s a perfect representation of my riding. Don’t you think?
This side is the devil.


This side is the angel.


Even Bailey likes it.

Thanks to Miles for surprising me and ordering the helmet. I had been talking about this helmet for long enough I guess. Thank you.


No comments: