Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Fun and Games


Take me out to the ball game……

We went to a baseball game the other night with some friends. I was glad it was an Angels game. If I had to pick a team as my favorite, they would be it. The stadium is clean and the people are nice. As I was sitting there I kept seeing outdoor vendor after outdoor vendor walk by selling things. From what I remember as a kid, they would sell peanuts and hot dogs. Now they sell peanuts, hot dogs, California Pizza Kitchen pizzas, beer, sodas, ice cream, popcorn, cotton candy, red vines, pretzels, a big foam finger or a rally monkey. That’s just to name a few. You never have to get out of your seat. There happened to be a family behind me that wanted to buy everything that they had to sell. I quickly figured out that a baseball game is probably one of the only places in the USA that people pass their money to strangers. It moves along person to person as it goes down the row. Then with amazement you get your food and your change back. No wonder its America’s pastime.


One of many vendors selling things. I think I could eat just about everything that went by. There is nothing like a baseball games and a lap full of food.


Mako and Alin.

Angles won!

****************************************

Miles and I had never been to a soccer game before. He was able to get some tickets for a game through work and thought it would be a good idea for us to go. It was really fun. I was a little worried about how the crowd would be. I have been to Dogger games and it is less than enjoyable with drunken guys yelling and cussing. A soccer game in this area had the potential to be the same. I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone was nice, knew the players and was totally into the game. I don’t know the fine details about soccer, but it was still really fun. I have always said that I believe there are three sports that most people are exposed to that rank high above the rest. They are soccer, cross country, and water polo.

Watching the players move their feet around the soccer ball was amazing. Seeing them kick a ball all the way across the length of the field was inspiring. Watching a ball go flying through the air and a player bounces it off his head in the direction of his team mate was astonishing. I would be out cold on the ground if that ball had hit me in the head. LOL The best part was how into the game people were. That made the game worth it. They even had little kids playing soccer out on the field during half time. It was so cute. It was a fun night and I would like to do that again sometime. Now I know I need to bring a drum or a horn or something.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO OF A GOAL.


Fun at the game.

Ouch.

I want to sit in that section next time! :-)

A fun way to spend a night.



No comments: