Saturday, March 20, 2010

What just happened?

What started as nothing to do this weekend turned into a whole bunch of things. I went to a practice and it turned into a race.

I love my NSR.


Can you say not ready to race? No safety wire..... No numbers...... Had to use tape......... (is that 7z or 72?)



Saturday:

Mike and I wanted to ride Sat. morning up our normal supermoto ride rout. (I had a hard day Friday at work and needed it.) We met up and started up the road. We only made it about 5 minutes total when there was a cop in the center of the road stopping everyone. Mike asked him what the scoop was and he told him that there was an accident and one lane was closed. (Mike saw on the news when he got home, that the road was closed due to a DEAD BODY that was dumped in the middle of a turn! Amazingly sad. What is wrong with people?)


Sunday:
I got an email from a friend that said to come to Adam’s Kart track on Sunday. I really enjoy my NSR (all of the one day I had it out last weekend, lol) and thought why not. I decide to go, nothing like the last minute. Seems that this is a race day at the track. Oh no, I have not raced in 2 years. I only just got my bike and have been out on it one day. Well, let’s see what class I would be in. Mini GP Vet ( 18 years and older, some vet class. lol) Ok, fine sign me up, I am here and will use is as a practice day.
I was not happy with the fact that I was the most under powered bike in the class. I also ran into a mechanic that I know out there and he told me that he has pretty much worked on every bike here and they are ALL cheating. Oh well, it’s a practice.
Problem number two. My track suit was getting repaired from my bad crash. I had to take out the old suit. I could hardly move on the bike in it. I really had to stretch that thing out again.
I did two practice sessions and felt pretty good. Then it was the heat race. I was glad they did a heat race and then a main race for points and not two races for points. I wanted the one race to remember what it’s all about out there. I was gridded 5th. After getting passed and passing back again I ended up in 5th again.
Main race.
I was gridded 5th again and now knew that I had to get in front of this guy on the Aprilia that slammed on the brakes into the first turn last race and caused me brake hard to not hit him and messed me all up. The flag went up but I had a hard time seeing the flag. There was a rider that was blocking my view. I tried to ride as well as I could. I did the best I could. I ended up getting third. One guy was in the race just to ride and was not getting points since he bike was not supposed to be in that class. He just wanted track time.
I felt good out on the track I was really stressed about racing again. I always want to do well so I put pressure on myself. Can’t help it.Once that flag drops……… I get pumped. I had so much on my mind that I did not know if I could pull it together. I felt good and was glad I did it. Lots of time to think about things as I am sitting there in the pit all day...........
I also was the only female racing. Just me. There was a camera crew there for a web site that was interviewing the up and coming super stars of riding (The kids). They asked if I they could interview me since I was the only girl out there. Sure why not.
So there you go.
There was a dead body, a race, and an interview. Who knew all this would happen when I woke up each day?


Here are my races on Video. I learned a lot after the heat race.


Main race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSEbPeRme94 (Better one to watch. Can't even see the flag to start us. Nutty.)




:-)


XOXOXOX






No comments: