Monday, February 08, 2010

Lucchesi's...... My dream of finding you.

As you know I love doing my family history. My mom recently found some letters that I did not know about from my Lucchesi side. There were some old addresses that may have family members living at. On Friday I got the two of the three letters that I sent to Chicago back “return to sender”. I was sad, but it’s a shot in the dark. I also mailed off two letters to Italy. I can’t tell you how excited and nervous I was to see if anyone would write back. It is always on my mind. I sent the letters to Riolo where my great grandparents are from. Being such a tinny village, there could be relatives still living in that very house I have the address of. So I mailed off the letter with a dream and a prayer.
I came home today to find two letters from Italy. My heart leaped. I started to drop things on the floor because I was so excited I could not think straight. I opened the first one to find my letter with a note on it stating, “ Nobody by this name under this address”. My heart sank and the dreams of finding my family dropped to almost nothing. I had one letter left. As I felt the letter is felt thinner. (My mind jumps to the conclusion that my original letter is not in that envelope). I can see that there is a typed letter in it before I even open it. (My heart is racing and I am praying is not someone politely writing me back say no family by that name lives there) My hands start to shake a little as I open the envelope and then the letter. It’s in Italian. As I unfold the paper I see they did what I did. They typed in their own language and translated it so the other person can read it. English to Italian/Italian to English.
There is was…….. I found family in Italy. I was shaking and started to cry with joy. It has been a dream of mind for a long time to find my family that lived there. When I found out we knew the name of the town and had letters. I was so excited. I finally decided to cash in my hope of finding family by mailing letters to old addresses. Letters from 1910-1960. Its not easy to put your last little bit of hope on the line. I am beyond words right now. I feel that I have found a piece of me that has been missing for so long. The joy I have inside me right now is beyond words. Today is a wonderful day. One I will never forgot.

Enjoy reading the letter I received. (Next hunt is for my English family members. I know I have a lot of them over there as well.)

Amazing. Best day ever!!!!


Here is the English part of the letter.


Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can read it.


Oh my gosh. I have to edit my post only minutes after posting due to an email I recieved. I put my email address in my letters so that they can just email me.

Look what I just got. I found TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!! family members and hear about it on the same day. I simply can't find the words. This is beyond anything I could hope for.




Ciao lisa io non parlo e non scrivo inglese la traduzione è stata effettuata con google,noi siamo cugini di secondo grado ci ha fatto molto piacere essere stati contattati da te.IL paese e la casa dove è nata tua nonna esistono ancora e la casa è sempre della famiglia Lucchesi qui di seguito ti farò l'albero geaneologico della nostra famiglia.
Hello Lisa I do not speak and write English, the translation was done with google, we are second cousins to us was very pleased to have been contacted by te.IL country and the house where your grandmother was born and the house is still there Lucchese family always below the tree I'll geaneologico of our family.

X lucchesi

GIANNANTONIO X

ONORATO X

OLIPIO CINZIO ALFREDO ALFONSO SEVERINA

ALFREDO (ALDO OF BRASILE)

ALFONSO ( BRUNA X EMILIA ONORATO IRIO MERY ELESIO

ONORATO ( MARIANO ALFONSO FERNANDO MORENA GIORDANO )

MARIANO ( EMMANUELE DANIELE )

ALFONSO ( TIZIANA ANDREA )

FERNANDO ( ELISA LAURA FRANCESCO )

MORENA ( YURI MARCO SILVIA )

GIORDANO ( ALESSANDRO ALESSIO )

IRIO E ELESIO OF U.S.A.

SEVERINA -ATRIEMO(BOCCIO) LUCCHESI OF U.S.A.

CIAO FERNANDO


:-) XOXOXOX


.

No comments: