Friday, November 27, 2009

Let's Talk Turkey

What I like in my parents house.
My Grandparents Radio.

I love Oak.


My mom was getting something and pulled out this giant calculater. I could not stop laughing.


Too Funny.


YUMMY

Sunset
Nice view



Making dinner.


My brother taking over the job of cutting the turkey.

My dad.





Oh yeah baby...




















So Pretty.








Perfect Day





My Dad's New Toy


I have to say that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I could pass on all the rest, but not Thanksgiving. There are so many things that make this day to special to me. For one thing my family celebrates my birthday on this day. It lands on that day now and then, but it is always celebrated on that day. I remember waking up as a child on that day. I did have a list of “to do’s” that day, but I could not wait. My mom would take a picture of us stuffing the bird in the morning. Then throughout the day you could smell the turkey. It would get stronger and stronger as the day would go on. Everyone would arrive and the house would be a live with the voices of my family. The weather always seems to be nice on Thanksgiving. Then I would hear the famous words,” Time for presents.” I would open my gifts and soon after came the best meal ever. We start with an Antipasto platter. It almost always has Italian cold cuts, cheeses, olives, and artichoke hearts. Yummy. There are also warm rolls. Just after that I would watch my family busy in the kitchen finishing dinner. Then comes the good stuff. The best turkey ever, mashed potatoes, gravy, and some vegetables. Ummmmmmmm. Dessert consists of pumpkin and berry pie. After the pie and coffee I used to love to hang around the table as a kid and listen to the adults talk and laugh. There is just something wonderful about having generations of a family all together. I am sad to say that my family is now very small. All my grandparents are passed and there are no children yet. I know in time that the family will grow again, but for now it’s small, but loving. There is no stronger memory for me than that day. I don’t think my mom can retire from Thanksgiving day dinner for a long time. I will be happy to take over, but until that day comes, yummy yummy yummy.








No comments: