Monday, January 04, 2010

Lucchesi News Photos






My Italian great grandparents owned a shop in East Los Angeles. 3855 Brooklyn Ave. I came across these photos one day as I looked through my grandparents pictures. I would often take out the many pictures my grandparents had and look through them. It makes me feel closer to them and helps me kept my memory fresh. I thought you may enjoy these old news photos from 1945 of a car that crashed into their shop. You can mostly see the pained sign on the front that says A. Lucchesi. I wish I could read the rest. I wish he was alive when I was born. I am glad that Severina was. I have one memory of her. She was very sweet. I could that as a child and from that one memory I still have of her. I wish I could have gotten to know them both.

1 comment:

Miles said...

I love these old photos. They look like old movie stills..