Sunday, January 24, 2010

Supercross












Lori and I.







The other day I had put out a message on Facebook that I wanted to go to the Supercross event that was going on in Anaheim. I had a few offer of tickets but ended up not going.
This time around I got a message from a friend who’s husband works for Kawasaki saying she got Miles and I tickets for the second round at Anaheim. I did not ask for them for this round, but that was very nice of her.

I did not really want to go to the event due to rain, cold and other reasons. I did not know until the last minute that they were not just some free tickets, but she told her husband to buy them and that they were prepaid. She was going to be out $80.00 for the tickets she got. I wish she would have told me she was buying them. I was super bummed. Oh well.

I have only been to one dirt event and that was this same event a few years ago. I like watching it, but since I don’t know much of what’s going on, who is a good rider and so on it makes it hard. I like the technical part of racing. When I watch street bikes race, I know what they are doing out there. I can see where they might want to make a pass. Dirt I am totally lost on. I don’t know how to jump so I am not sure of what I am watching. Was that good? What that bad? Did he go too wide? I don’t know.

Over all I had an ok time. The person that got the tickets talked my ear off about random stuff. She was even nice enough to have her iphone there and she showed me all her pictures of her grandkids, bikes, dog,………. (Lisa rolls eyes) She is so hyper and random, I had a hard time watching the races. I was glad that I brought warm clothes. It got pretty cold watching the races. Gloves, hats, blankets were the norm for the night.
I will chalk this one up to “I had to go. I will make the best of it”.


I must say that after seeing how amazing the riders are, I really want to feel what it’s like to make a big jump. That feeling of being in the air must be so cool. I like being in the air. I hurdled and did the high jump. Moving your body in open space is pretty cool. Dirt now looks a lot more fun to me.
:-)

No comments: