Sunday, January 03, 2010

First post of 2010 and it's a ride report

(DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN CLICK AND MAKE THE VIDEO FULL SCREEN ON YOUR COMPUTER SO YOU CAN SEE IT BETTER? CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE LINK. YOU WILL SEE A TOOL BAR/RED LINE THAT SHOWS IT'S LOADING UNDER THE VIDEO PICTURE. TO THE FAR RIGHT IS LITTLE BOX WITH A SMALLER BOX IN IT'S UPPER LEFT CORNER. CLICK ON THAT. HIT YOUR " ESC" BUTTON TO MAKE IT SMALL AGAIN. IT WILL REMIND YOU WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU CLICK TO MAKE IT FULL SCREEN.)
Video of todays ride
My video.
Other riders video.
One more. At about 1.30 you will see me. I was done filming from the back and thought I would head to the front of the pack. Too bad my camera died when I was filming.
Fellow club members. John "Doc" who really is a rocket scientist, and Daniel.

Supermoto trouble makers.
We came across some nutty guys on cruisers that had their hands off the bars. When we could safely pass them after they were done swerving all over the road, they flipped us off. Wow, thanks a lot.


I wanted to take my supermoto out for a ride today. I always enjoy riding and the supermoto makes it just that much more enjoyable. I had posted a ride on a forum for supermoto riders in the area asking them if they wanted to join Mike and I for a run to what we call Jackie’s. It was the name of the restaurant that my club always rides to and eats at. It has since changed names, but it will always be Jackie’s.
It ended up being 3 other supermotos totally five. Randomly two club members showed up at the meeting sport so they joined in bring the total to seven. They were not on a supermoto, but I guess we can make room. Two of the supermoto guest that showed up was not really ones Mike and I would have liked to have seen. One is a show off and the other almost hit me trying to pass me as I swerved around large debris that was taking up most of the lane I was in. This had taken place on my second ride back from almost a year off of riding. I was not a happy camper when that happened. Don’t want to mess up my Aprilia!!!! Foot, what foot, save the bike!!!!
I must say that Mike and I took off and pretty much dusted these guys. I was leading with Mike right there behind me trying to film me. I never make it in to the videos since I am always the one filming. There was one other rider that was filming, but I don’t know if he got me on video. I tried to take some video of the group riding, but it seems my batteries were low and died on me without me knowing it. I only got one section for about two minutes. We were moving right along the whole time. A little humble pie for the two gentlemen on the supermotos. Now I am not one to make a point on a bike. Ok, maybe I am now and then, but I do it with in my limits. I will never try to overdo it to make a point, but if total devastation of ego is needed and I can provide this service so be it. “ Watch the braid going back and forth, you are getting slower, slower, slower…..at the snap of my fingers you will be too far behind me to see me…….” HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

To quote a post one rider put up

“Never thought I would be sliding the front, the rear tires and dragging my peg sliders all on a STREET ride! Holy Cow.
Next time I'll know to just zip tie my throttle wide open at 7-11 and leave it. Poor little bike, never knew what was coming when it left the assembly line.
Great ride, amazing plates of food and good folks to jabber with.
Doesn't get much better than that. “

I must say that the trash talk that took place the first time I met the guys came to complements this time around. It was nice that egos were all checked at the door and we could just have a nice ride. I think we all made some new friends and found respect of each other.

Mike has already plotted our tag team attack on the next Sumo (Supermoto) rider. Some cocky guy that we met a few weeks ago. He came over and asked about my Aprilia. I get a lot of questions and complements on the bike. No one has one around here so it’s a novelty I guess. He tells me how it looks good and so on then adds that it’s too under powered. Ummm if your going to talk to someone about their bike, please don’t say something negative to the owner. Lot’s of things came to my head to say, but since I don’t know him I thought I would let it go. Now that I have seen this clown a few times I think it’s time to put the hurt on him. Mike said he was keeping up to that guy on his FZ1 so we could totally take him on the supermotos. LOL Mike, you trouble maker. Look what you’re getting me into. “Ohhhh was that a green flag dropping I just saw??? Brrrraaapp!!! Go Go Go… Oh um where was I?

160+ miles of goodness today. Bring it!

(Aunt Linda, I know you are reading this and I know you have a little smile on your face knowing I can play with the boys, and squash some now and then. It’s that Italian spark plug that we run on. You know you have it too, just like mom does. As my dad would say, “Lisa, you are full of piss and vinegar.”)

1 comment:

Mike R. said...

Gee I used to get called a trouble maker for passing people on rides but I think Lisa may replace me!!!